Friday, November 23, 2007

Blog Grades

I ran across one of those quickie blog ratings and put mine through the test. According to The Blog Readability Test, my blog is at the level of high school. hmph!

Well, I wondered, how do other blogs compare?


I started a few random checks. Here's how folks are being graded:

  • Suzanne Frishkorn: GENIUS
  • Margo Berdeshevsky: GENIUS
  • Ron Silliman: GENIUS
  • Anni Ballardini: GENIUS
  • Barbara Jane Reyes: COLLEGE (Post Grad)
  • Jilly Dybka: COLLEGE (Under Grad)
  • Rachel Dacus: HIGH SCHOOL
  • Lyle Daggett:HIGH SCHOOL
  • Gene Justice: JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
  • Julie Enzser: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
  • The Hypertexts: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
  • BitchPhd: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
I wonder how this gadget determines "readability" - is it connected with average syllabic count or with comprehension?

What's your score - or do you care to know?

1 comment:

sonsothunder said...

Actually, Hub spot.com Blog Grader/Website grader recommends, and gives a higher rating to keep your blog at High School Readability level. However, I just found out unfortunately, Hub Spot has retired the "Blog-Grader", Which, unfortunately,will display a badge of "Marketing Grade" of 65 on my blog, instead of a 95 Blog Grade...which really stinks, as I only used the free Blog Grader for a fancy looking badge, and 95 looked pretty good...I'm really not trying to market anything. Anyway, High-School Level is a better thing than College Reading Level, as far as marketing is concerned, according to Hub Spot...If you find another sight that offers a cool looking badge, please let me know...Hehe...Thanks
paul